As of September 2023, our catering is provided by Accent Catering. Working in collaboration with Accent we ensure that the structure of our menus promotes the wellbeing of everyone we feed. Girls and boys take lunch in the dining room, located in the Harvington building.
At Durston, we strive to provide pupils with varied and imaginative menus using a combination of fresh, healthy and seasonal ingredients. Menus are produced by committed teams with a real passion for food and service. School lunches are compulsory for all pupils from September 2023. The cost per day is £5.20. This will include a healthy morning snack, a hot lunch and a dessert. There is a three-week rolling menu that will be in place for a full academic year.
The menu is available to download here:
Please take note of the following:
- 98% Fresh Ingredients.
- 75% Local Produce – sourcing locally wherever possible to reduce food miles.
- Free Range Eggs used throughout.
- All meat is Red Tractor UK sourced.
- Fish is bought from sustainable stocks register by the Marine Stewardship Council.
- All the food is prepared from scratch in a commercial kitchen with a hygiene rating of 5.
- Accent Catering understands that Durston is a nut free zone. There are no nut products in any of the Durston meals.
- Sugar alternatives such as honey are used. Artificial sweeteners are not used.
- Pupils will need to bring their own water bottle/drink.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to offer refunds for lunches not taken such as when a pupil is off sick.
If you have any questions or would like further information please contact email@example.com.