Durston House Parents’ Association
The main purpose of DHPA is to enhance the educational experience of pupils in the school in particular by:
- Developing effective relationships between the staff, parents, pupils, governors and others associated with the school to create a stronger community.
- Engaging in activities or providing facilities or equipment which support the school and enhance the educational experience of the pupils.
- Raising funds for charities as selected by the school community.
How does the DHPA benefit the school?
- Parents and care givers have a big impact on how well their kids do at school. Taking an active role in your PA is one of the ways you can make a difference and get involved:
- We raise money to fund school initiatives through charity activities and events
- We provide a social support network for parents
- We provide volunteers and opportunities so that parents can support their child’s time at Durston House.
Committee Members: 2022
- DHPA Co-Chair: Mrs Hollie Wright
- DHPA Co-Chair: Mrs Libby Pearson
- Co-Vice-Chair: Mrs Sharleen Hoyte
- Co-Vice-Chair: Mrs Arti Lukha
- Treasurer: Mr Hari Balkrishna
- Co-Secretary: Mrs Tapti Kher
- Co-Secretary: Mrs Chandrika Jena
How can my skills be useful?
Although a warm welcome is great, there’s more to PA activities than home baking and serving tea: Any parent can be a member, and every parent has skills to bring, from graphic design to gardening; from events management to balancing the books. Could you help? What skills do you have that we may need?
How much time can I commit?
Some of our most active mums and dads work full-time, or have other commitments. If your child has younger siblings, the PA is a great way to familiarise them with their future school. We all have lives away from school, and it’s OK to say “no”.
Examples of how you can commit, either at an event or behind the scenes, include:
- Sort secondhand uniform
- Contribute to termly newsletter
- Promote easy fundraising
- Help with particular event
Stay In Touch!
For info on activities and events and make suggestions for new events: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org